Leading Canadian CPG Company
Transportation process improvement initiatives:
- Routing optimization was done manually over the years.
- Warehousing network optimization has not been a focus in previous years.
- No defined transportation KPI’s were in place and tracked on a regular basis.
- Managed/participated in the implementation of a routing optimization software (ORTEC) and supported the regional teams in analysing and implementing transportation routing optimization initiatives reducing number of trucks, cost, km’s and hours on the road.
- Managed/supported a national network design initiative (11 network studies) and implemented multiple network transitions.
- Developed multiple transportation KPI’s and dashboards helping identify opportunities of improvement nationally and for key decision making (e.g. transportation costing, trailer capacity utilization, fleet tracking, etc.).
- Routing optimization projects leading to several hundred thousand of dollars in saving opportunities.
- Network transitions successfully implemented without any disruption to the business and generated multiple hundred thousands of dollars in savings.
- Senior executives receiving monthly transportation KPI’s leading for instance to trailers utilization on interplant-transfers meeting a target of 99%.
Leading Canadian Retailer
Process improvement – warehouse operations:
- Lack of consensus on how the current state of the supply chain flow-through process works. Different departments with different understandings of the supply chain process leading to misalignments on potential solutions.
- Need to define the current then future state of the supply chain flow-through process.
- Need to evaluate how the future state process will fit in the current distribution operations without disruption to the business.
- Mapped “As Is” and “To Be” business processes for continuous improvement initiatives (end-to-end flow-through processes, promotions process, mechanized warehouse picking).
- Developed DC operational clock proposals highlighting implementation trade-offs for the BUs.
- Created numerous insightful analytics for key decision making to obtain sign off and start execution.
- Process maps layed the foundation for Sr. leadership and cross functional departments to achieve a common understanding on how the “As Is” processes worked, gaps identified, agree and sign off on target solutions (“To Be” processes), start design phases then implement multiple process improvement initiatives. (Ex: promotion processes excess/shorts resolution, mechanized warehouse picking, meat ordering process migration to SAP, etc.)
- Implementation of DC operational clocks resulting in lower DC inventory, shorter cycle time, enhanced freshness of products at the stores.
Leading Canadian Retailer
Network optimization and inventory management:
- Optimize inventory allocation in a network of 5 Distribution Centres, reduce inefficiencies, lower total logistics cost.
- Undertake a network transition from design to implementation.
- Undertook SKUs and DC selection analytics, analysed trade-offs (impact on inventory Days-on-hand, transit days, store delivery frequency) .
- Forecasted demand, designed process maps, developed the transition plan, monitored inventory velocity across multiple DC’s.
- Created multiple analytics and reports and interpreted key data for decision making.
- Created the project plan and coordinated the execution with cross-functional teams until implementation completion.
- Optimized inventory allocation across a network of 5 distributions centres.
- Reduced total network inventory days-on-hand on target SKUs by 5 days.
- Reduced total logistics cost.
Leading Canadian Retailer
- Need to create efficiencies and generate savings in the warehouse receiving process.
- Implement the ASN process as part of a major multi-year WMS Manhattan implementation.
- Implemented the WMS Manhattan Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) process across 14 DCs reaching 60 million cases/year.
- On-boarded over 150 suppliers to the ASN process, led negotiation/resolution of ad hoc issues and maintained excellent relationships with the supplier community.
- Supported the onsite ASN go-live at Loblaw multiple DC’s.
- Monitored the ASN performance and continuously improved results.
- Generated substantial savings (multiple K$) per year by shortening the receiving process.
- Increased receiving efficiencies, reduced checking at goods in, improved turnaround time to receive trucks, earlier visibility (shorts notification), increased freshness of products on shelf, enhanced planning capabilities.
Leading Multinational Energy Company
Supply chain process design and implementation:
- Need to design the international supply chain strategy and process for the company’s first international project (Project’s revenue: $37 million).
- Designed the international supply chain process for the construction of two power distribution plants.
- Created process maps, identified constraints and designed logistics solutions and alternatives to fit the project’s unique requirements.
- Developed logistics SOPs and took part to negotiations with international 3PLs.
- Presented the logistics strategy and process to senior executives and external stakeholders and obtained sign off.
- Launched the logistics department within 1.5 months.
- Executed logistics operations respecting forecasted costs and project plan schedule.